Integrated into the Grade 5 Advertising Unit of Inquiry, students were asked to create a catch phrase or slogan that would remind others about the importance of internet safety. Students used their creativity and came up with the following catch phrases to help others about the importance of their actions online when texting, posting or sending messages:
- Use your noggin before you login. (Anonymous from 5MM)
- It’s time to use your brains. The internet will keep your stains. (SW from 5MM)
- The internet has lots of strangers. With that, there are lots of dangers. (NH from 5MM)
- Think. Do it the safe way. Do it the right way. Do it everyday. (SM from 5HJ)
- You can’t undo anything. (SB from 5MM)
- You are what you post. (MM from 5MM)
Let’s keep ourselves safe when communicating with others online. Thank you Grade 5 for the catchy reminders!
To keep up to date with information and resources, like us on our Digital Citizenship Facebook Page.