Six signs of behavioral addiction, including technology and cell phones may include:
- Salience: a behavior that is deeply integrated into your daily routine
- Mood modification: The feeling of anticipation or excitement after the use or ring of your cell phone
- Tolerance: The need to have a dose of this behavior in order to experience of the desired ‘high” of the cell phone use
- Withdraw: The feelings of irritability, stress, or desperation when you are separated from your cell phone
- Conflict: Do your spouse or children complain that you are always on the phone?
- Relapse: The attempt to take a break from your cell phone addiction and then relapse
To keep up to date with information and resources, like us on our Digital Citizenship Facebook Page.