It may be more difficult for your children to seek balance as they are born into the digital world and have not experienced the world any other way. Keep in mind that how you, as a parent, balance your life with the Internet will be a major influence on how your children will balance their lives as well.
Sanne Bloemart’s blog Educational Journey shares important advice to help balance life with the Internet today: I am what I share: The Internet Addiction.
1. Use the Internet for the same amount of time each time you use it.
2. If a timer doesn’t keep you on track, consider downloading parental control software– some programs include time locks.
3. Delete accounts that you really don’t need anymore.
4. Delete your favorites (Keep important pages you might need for homework, etc.)
5. Be sure to maintain lots of offline activities.
6. Monitor your feelings when you’re online and offline.
7. Stop wasting your life on the Internet.
8. Be active and free.
Further, this short video will help you understand why these tips and balance are essential in the world today.
For more information, useful links, practical advice and suggestions please ‘like’ our Digital Citizenship Facebook Page.